Hey Seniors! When it's time to complete your college applications, you want to make sure you are ready! We have a number of resources that have been provided to your high schools as they host MI College Application Week. Your school isn't participating? That's ok, you can use these resources to help yourself anyway.
- Senior Resource Guide & Application Checklist
- College and University Application Fees, Essay and Letter of Rec Requirements - includes updates of institutions waiving fees during MI CAW 2013
- Michigan Postsecondary Handbook - another document to review college and university requirements
- Tell us about your MI College Application Week experience on Facebook and Twitter. Use #IApplied and #ImGoingToCollege. During the week we'll have give-a-ways so make sure to like and follow us!
- 2013 MI College Application Week host site list - determine if your school is participating
Michigan College Access Portal:
The Michigan College Access Portal is a statewide initiative that provides FREE support for students, parents and site coordinators to simplify the process of transitioning from high school to college and career. It is a comprehensive one-stop-shop for students to plan, apply and pay for college. Sign up today at www.michigancap.org.
Multiple webinars and training resources are available to help you understand how to utilize specific user roles like Student, Counselor or Parent. You must first create an account at www.michigancap.org and log in to access the recorded trainings. Once logged in, training resources are available at "Support," the select "Training Center."
Have questions about life after high school? It's MI Life is the place for you! Ask questions, get answers and search through the numerous resources available in Michigan to help students like you get to college. It’s MI Life is designed as a social networking site to engage students like you from across Michigan in conversations about college and life after high school. The site offers a non-intimidating, peer-to-peer conversational entry-point, while at the same time providing opportunities and resources for college and career planning. Visit www.itsmilife.com today!
KnowHow2GoMichigan.org can show you the steps to college. Planning for college doesn’t have to seem endless and a big drain on your time. Learn the steps you need to take to get to college! Visit www.knowhow2gomichigan.org today!
The Four Steps to College
- Be a pain – Let everyone know that you’re going to college and need their help.
- Push yourself – Working a little harder today will make getting into college even easier.
- Find the right fit – Find out what kind of school is the best match for you and your career goals.
- Put your hands on some cash – If you think you can’t afford college, think again. There’s lots of aid out there.