Planning Grants: of up to $8,000 are awarded to organize and initiate a community-based local college acces network (LCAN). Pending the availability of funds, Planning Grants will be awarded in Fall 2013. MCAN has adopted the Collective Impact framework to help communities organize and initiate their local network.
If you're considering applying for the Planning grant, please read the Collective Impact articles by Kania & Kramer.
- “Collective Impact” – Stanford Social Innovation Review, Winter 2011 http://www.ssireview.org/images/articles/2011_WI_Feature_Kania.pdf
- “Channeling Change – Making Collective Impact Work” – Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2012 http://www.ssireview.org/pdf/Channeling_Change_PDF.pdf
Planning Grant Goals are:
- Establish a strong leadership team committed to the overarching goal of increase the college attainment rates within the community
- Determine college access needs of the community and establish metrics and performance targets aligned with the community’s goal
- Developing a collaborative action plan for a Local College Access Network (LCAN)
Grant Application Deadlines and Timeline - Fall 2013:
Intent to Apply Form - TBD
Application Proposal Submission - TBD
Award Notification - TBD
Grant Cycle Begins -TBD
Grant Cycle Ends & Final Report Due - TBD
Application Process - Fall 2013
The 2013 application will be available in the summer of 2013. To get an idea of what the application will likely look like, download the Fall 2012 - Round VI Planning Grant Application
Planning Grant Application Questions?