Startup Grants: of up to $50,000 are available to launch and formalize community-based Local College Access Networks (LCANs). Startup Grant funds may not be used for scholarships. Pending the availability of funds, Startup Grants will be awarded in Fall 2013. In addition to the startup grant, MCAN will provide extensive tools, templates, and technical assistance. MCAN has adopted the Collective Impact framework to help communities organize and initiate their local network.
If you're considering applying for the Startup grant, please read the Collective Impact articles by Kania & Kramer.
- “Collective Impact” – Stanford Social Innovation Review, Winter 2011 http://www.ssireview.org/images/articles/2011_WI_Feature_Kania.pdf
- “Channeling Change – Making Collective Impact Work” – Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2012 http://www.ssireview.org/pdf/Channeling_Change_PDF.pdf
Startup Grant goals include:
- Formalize LCAN's work by establishing Common Agenda signed by Leadership Team
- Establish common metrics and report annual progress on local college access and success dashboard
- Develop and execute data-driven collaborative action plan based on community priority areas
- Execute communication plan to engage stakeholders and community members
- Institutionalize LCAN's supporting backbone infrastructure
Application Deadlines - Fall 2013:
Intent to Apply Form - TBD
Proposal Submission - TBD
Award Notification - TBD
Grant Cycle Begins - TBD
Grant Cycle Ends & Final Report Due - TBD
Application Process - Fall 2013
The 2013 application will be available in the summer of 2013. To get an idea of what the application will likely look like, download the Startup Grant Application - Fall 2012 - Round VI
Startup Grant Application Questions?